However, research paper writing is not as bad as many students think. It helps you in the development of knowledge regarding different issues of Society. It also helps students learn argumentative and persuasive skills, like an argumentative essay. If you put your mind to it, you will not find research papers very hard. The first and foremost step is choosing research paper topics.
Choosing a topic for your research paper sounds easy, right! Then why are we urgently emphasizing the topic? Selection of a research paper topic can take you a long time as it is crucial to choose just the right research paper topic to do well throughout your research paper. You need to make sure that you find interesting research paper topics. There will be many research paper ideas, but it is up to you to choose the best research paper topic. Don’t worry. We will assist and guide you in finding just the right topic for your research paper for your graduate and professional degrees, with 200 great research paper topics to write a research paper on.
If you want to opt for the Research Paper Writing Service, click here.
What is a Research Paper?
Now, let us take a look at the meaning of a research paper in more professional terms. A research paper is about doing a comprehensive study or research about a particular topic and analyzing it to develop relevant findings. A person writing a research paper is involved in evaluating a research topic and detailed analysis to prove their stance or a thesis statement with solid evidence and persuasive arguments and findings. Writing a perfect research paper requires extensive research and investigation of interesting ideas to find relevant supporting arguments. In other words, a research paper involves studying a specific academic subject and highlighting your research work through critical analysis.
There are different types and purposes for writing a research paper. It could be a doctoral dissertation, a thesis for master-level students, or an independent term paper. However, the importance of good research topics remains the same in all of the stated researches.
If you want detailed knowledge on How To Develop Research Paper Topics and Make Teachers Love That, click here.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Apparently, not all research paper topics hold equal prominence, subject value, or weightage. As we stated, an easy topic is not the only thing that matters for a good research topic and the overall paper. It should be a significant subject that holds importance. There already exist many research papers on common topics. Therefore, you should focus on choosing interesting and unique research paper topics. However, at the same time, you also must ensure that the topic of your research paper is not uncommon to the extent that you find it challenging to garner the knowledge, as there might not be enough sources for you to back your study on. Although you can still run the research on such topics, it is double the hard work and time-consuming as it would require you to do field research.
In short, good research paper topics are the ones that hold some importance in terms of the category of the topic chosen. It should address the situation that people find interesting or could relate to. Besides, if you are a student writing a research paper for a particular class or subject, the topic should be relevant or connected to the subject.
How Can I Choose a Good Topic for My Research Papers?
To understand what makes good research paper topics, consider these three points while deciding on the research titles.
Prefer Topics of Personal Interest-
While brainstorming for suitable research paper topics, it would be better and easier for you to select a topic that you are personally passionate about. A topic of your personal interest would allow you to work better on your research paper, and you will also find the work less hectic. You will be motivated to run in-depth research about your topic and garner more and more relevant information, which will enhance your own knowledge as well as your research paper. It is not necessary for you to go for a trending topic. Neither should you decide your research paper topics on the basis of what other students are writing about. It is always better to go with your gut and work on the topic you are interested in. Even if you choose funny research paper topics, it will work too.
Choose a Topic with Enough Information Available-
Any topic you choose will go to waste if there is not enough relevant information about it. Even if you end up with one of the excellent topics, you will not be able to write a good research paper if there are no sources available. As a result, you won’t produce a good research paper if it lacks enough relevant sources or background information to back your research paper on. This can happen to any kind of topic, but usually, the problem arises with new topics as there is not much information available or even known about them. Therefore, it is recommended to do a little research or web surfing before finalizing your research paper topics to check if there is enough information available for the same.
It Abides by the Guidelines-
The research paper topics that you have shortlisted should abide by the guidelines provided to you by your educator, school, or college. Therefore, make sure to properly go through the given procedures and consider them while choosing the best topic for your research study.
The previous three points are the most important factors to consider while choosing good research paper topics. Nonetheless, here are some additional tips for you to judge a good research topic by-
- Relevant Topic – Out of the shortlisted research paper topics, chose the appropriate topic for potential readers.
- Clear Objective – The objectives, along with the expected results of your study, should be focused and clear. Avoid messy topics and overall writing which confuses the reader. Your topic should clearly state what the research paper is about and what it aims to find,
- Significance – A good research paper topic should hold significance/value and impact to your field of study—or the community as a whole;
- Trending Topics – Topics in talks currently or trending or controversial topics usually grab more viewers/readers. Trending research paper topics certainly develop more interest among readers. However, as we established earlier, one should go for the topic of personal interest, and if you are not interested in the trending topic, you are free to avoid it.
How to Write a Topic Statement for a Research Paper?
A topic statement of a research paper prominently includes two key things- the topic of the paragraph and the central point of the paragraph. Besides, it introduces the reader to the content of the section and works as transitions between the paragraphs, and shows connections between your points. Moreover, a topic statement in a research paper can also be used to build a well-structured argument. A topic statement certainly holds importance in the writing process of a research paper.
If you want to write a topic statement for a research paper, go through the following steps-
Give a Thesis Statement-
To develop topic statements, one must begin with giving a thesis statement, which is essential for the entire research paper, not only for a topic statement. It basically sums up the whole purpose and arguments of your research paper topics. In simple words, we can state that a thesis statement provides a topic statement for the entire research paper.
Create an Outline to Draft Topic Statements-
The next step here is to make an outline to give a proper structure to your research paper. You can also prepare your topic statements for different topics or paragraphs of your research while making an outline for your entire research paper.
It is essential to back your topic statements and new paragraphs carrying a new topic with robust evidence to prove your stance. Hence, you should expand your topic statement to the point of providing examples, arguments, evidence, data, standardized tests, etc. It helps in expressing the central idea of your research paper.
Revise and Refine your Topic Statement-
It can be easy work to write topic statements, but one should always revise the statement to make sure it concisely describe what you wanted it to convey. Proofreading before submitting research papers is always a sign of working as professional writers as it helps you keep the mistakes away and do clear writing.
Here is the Checklist To Write A Research Paper Conclusion.
How to Introduce a Topic in a Research Paper?
As we all know, a hook is something that entices the reader’s attention and keeps them involved in the study. In terms of research paper writing, a hook is a striking opening sentence that successfully conveys your topic’s relevance and significance. Additionally, you should also keep in mind that a hook is not necessarily required to be deeply impressive or creative. Hence, you can refrain from using complex words and statements. The two most essential things in an introduction for your topic are clarity and relevance. The primary goal of a good introduction is to guide the reader into your topic and situate your ideas.
To successfully introduce a topic in your research paper, make sure you give a thesis statement. A good introduction carries all the significant points for the research. Make sure your introduction concisely includes all the relevant points regarding your topic, its significance, impacts, and what your research aims to find. An introduction is a part where you give your hypothesis as well. Hypothesis basically is the assumptions made by the writer and to find out in the end whether the hypothesis was proven to be true or false based on your research and analysis.
How to Write a Research Paper?
The next step is to build an outline or a rough draft of your research paper on the basis of procured information from the extensive research. An outline helps in giving a proper structure to your work and avoids any mistakes or confusion while writing the final draft. The traditional outline of any kind of paper or essay structure usually includes an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. However, a research paper has additional elements, including Method, Results, Discussion, and Analysis. Creating an outline before writing your research paper with these elements helps you organize and understand what part goes where. However, the native English professional writers suggest that an outline for a research paper includes a title page, an abstract, introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussions, conclusion, and bibliography.
After writing the entire paper and adding all the relevant information, evidence, data, and analysis, give a compelling conclusion and cite the sources in your bibliography. The last step is to proofread and revise the entire work. Check whether you have missed any point or if any sections require the addition or subtraction of the content. Look for proper citation and check the paper for spelling and grammatical errors. Also, make sure that your proper follows goes about a structure to avoid any confusion or chaos for you and for the reader.
Moreover, if you are unable to write your research paper for any reason, you can avail of writing service that offer to write your research paper for you.
200 Best Research Paper Topics 2021
Here are some of the research topic ideas in all categories, from history research paper topics to arts and literature, that you can choose to write your research paper-
College Research Paper Topics
- Impact of Pandemic on the college Students
- Drug & alcohol abuse among college students
- Analysis of the increasing rate of suicide among college students.
- High rates of pregnancy among college girls
- A college student’s right to choose courses
- Should college students skip useless classes?
- College education and funding/scholarship programs
- Participation of college students in college athletics
- Sex Education in Colleges and inclusion of same-sex classrooms
- Opportunities for a student with learning disabilities in college
High School Research Paper Topics
- Quality of Sex Education in High Schools
- Should smartphones be allowed for students in the education system?
- Fear of school shooting in high school students
- The problems associated with bullying in high school
- Counseling for high school students struggling with mental health issues
- Bilingual education compared to the traditional approach of education systems
- Should prayers be a part of the high school morning assembly?
- Comparison of public high schools and private high schools.
- Internships programs for students in high school
- Why do people study foreign languages?
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Impact of homeschooling on the psychological growth of a child?
- Psychology of a criminal mind
- Are mental health issues really being taken seriously?
- Attention Deficit Disorder: What to look for?
- Increase in depression during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Eating disorders and their impact on community & childhood obesity
- What makes a Sociopath: psychological roots
- How are modern asylums better than traditional ones?
- The psychology behind physical attraction
- Gender Psychology
Science Research Paper Topics
- Stem Cell Research: Role in medical treatments
- Plastic Waste and its Cons: the global disadvantages of plastic waste
- Making of the COVID-19 Vaccines throughout the world
- Natural Resources: How can organic farming lead the path to agricultural success?
- The science behind the connection of diet and longevity
- Science and technology: Savior of the world during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Scientific Explanation behind IVF: How does it impact the baby
- Investigate the benefits of Forensic Science Technology
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global warming and climate change
- New findings for Cancer Biology
Religion and Literature Research Paper Topics
- Pope’s amendments of Church laws
- The LGBTQ+ community and Religion
- Meaning of Religion in modern culture
- Change in religious beliefs of people due to COVID-19 pandemics
- Who is an agnostic?
- Impact of Religion on culture and vice versa
- What does Gen Z understand by Religion?
- Is the practice of going to Church important in Christianity?
- Should Bible be viewed as literature?
- Oppression of women in Religion
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Can athletes be good role models?
- Who to blame for homelessness!
- What should be the ideal age for alcohol consumption?
- Body language matters in every aspect
- Why you should support euthanasia in medical practice
- The necessity of revoking the driving license
- The Internet makes modern people popular and smarter
- Significance of free treatment for HIV infected people
- Regulation of information on the Internet by the federals
- The need for animal protection is more than you think
Good US History Research Paper Topics
- Role of women in the US history
- The social history of American Agriculture
- Historical perspectives on the culture of America
- How have Presidential Campaigns changed in the USA?
- Approaches & explanations of American politics
- History of Immigrants moved to the USA
- Impact of Native American Culture
- Role of America in World War?
- Impacts of Industrialization on social movements of the Americans
- USA: The Era of the Great Depression
Human Rights & Human Resource Paper Topics
- Gender Discrimination in the workplace: the most significant issue of some contemporary companies
- Maintenance of diversity at the workplace
- Discussion about China’s one-child policy
- Stress-related to work and how to get rid of it
- Benefits programs for employees that every business is obligated to provide
- The relation of employees’ wages and their productivity
- Ways businesses can adequately deal with sexual harassment complaints
- The problem of Human Trafficking in 21st century
- Revisiting the Holocaust and its prevalent impacts in today’s Society
- Are people able to avail human rights easily?
Law Enforcement Topics for Research Paper
- Reasons why people around the world feel the racial injustice even with law enforcement
- Gender discrimination in law enforcement and regulations in place
- Corruption among the employees of law in the past few decades
- Changes required in the process of assisting officers
- What are the typical offenses committed by juveniles
- What is the impact of racial profiling on the riots
- Efficacy of laws for prevention of cyberbullying
- Is the current training period for a police officer to train enough?
- Measures that should be taken during mass emergencies
- Types and working of detonating explosive equipment
Business Research Paper Topics
- How is a business idea turned into a successful start-up?
- How businesses deal with sexual harassment in the working environment
- Impact of creative marketing in enhancing sales
- Most successful businesses of 21st century
- Future of business world after the COVID-19 pandemic
- How should business leaders prepare for 2022
- Importance of small businesses in the market
- Enforcement of workplace law across businesses
- Impact of Globalization in the business of 21st century
- Is corporate abuse real? Importance of business ethics
Economics Research Paper Topics
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the world economy
- COVID-19 and its impact on the economy of the nation
- Improvement in the quality go-lives in the third world countries
- A guide for demand and supply analysis
- Difference between balanced and unbalanced growth
- Investigate factors leading to inflation and ways to manage it
- Understanding Property Rights
- Impacts of Immigration on the economy of a country
- History of income disparity
- Concept of National Income
Arts Research Paper Topics
- The distinction in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance.
- Impact of famous artists on the world
- Changing the meaning of expression through art
- Emergence and prominence of gothic and non-gothic art
- Discuss the comparison between Nazi and Soviet art
- Difference between traditional music and classical music
- Impact of Globalization in contemporary art
- Significance of art in protests
- Printmaking: History and Technique
- Biblical significance in Leonardo Da Vinci’s paintings
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- Protection of Environment
- Impact of mobile phones on middle school students
- Hardships of an introvert child in middle school
- Importance of sex education in middle school
- Introduction of social issues to students in middle school
- Guide for teachers on how to teach middle school students
- Situation and condition of middle school in your locality
- Participation of middle school students in extra-curricular activities
- Problems faced by students in middle school
- What do middle school students expect from high school?
Philosophy Research Paper Topics
- The modern definition of Love
- What is the concept of Eternity?
- Why do people lie?
- Meaning of happiness for different people
- Changing the meaning of a happy life
- Concept of Dystopia
- Is Utopia real?
- Peace and War
- The idea of life after death
- Changing beauty standards
Healthcare Research Paper Topics/ Health Research Paper Topics
- Efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
- Side effects of different vaccines for COVID-19
- Concept of Euthanasia
- Progress in the cure for AIDS
- Controversies around birth control
- The shift of people from fast food to organic food
- Long-lasting impacts after recovering from COVID-19
- Legalization of Steroids
- COVID-19 Vaccine for children
- History and Impact of HIV/AIDS
Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Role of low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets in weight loss?
- Efficacy of Dietary Supplements
- Aging and Nutrition
- Importance of diet in the prevention of chronic diseases
- Weight management
- Food and Public Policies
- How to encourage obese people to eat healthily
- WHO recommendations for healthy nutrient intake
- Maintenance of cholesterol for heart diseases
- Functions of different types of Vitamins
Technology Research Paper Topics
- How to protect children online from social media addiction
- Buzz around crypto-currencies
- Connection of social networks and businesses
- How technology saved the world during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Progress in technology for the benefit of disabled people
- Dealing with the issue of network security
- Howe robotics is changing the world
- Pros and Cons of Social network for the Society
- Virtual Reality: Substitute for actual reality
- Impact of violent video games on kids
Macroeconomics Research Paper Topics
- Status of unemployment in a country in the past few years
- Unemployment during the COVID-19 lockdown period
- Evolution of GDP in current times
- Indirect control of stock markets on inflation and deflation
- Failure of Crypto-currency in 2018
- Role of banks in the building the economy of a country
- Justification of concept of minimum wage
- Open and closed systems of offshore bank accounts work
- Efficacy of Taxation Policies
- Inflation and economic growth
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- Effects of divorce on children and child abuse
- Impact of foreign education on children’s success
- What social group do you belong to
- Working Women: all-female working environment
- History of women’s suffrage movement
- Addiction of social networks among people
- Sociology of Food
- Impact and efficacy of social movements
- Significance of communities and clans
- Race and Ethnicity
Biology Research Paper Topics
- Pros and Cons of gut bacteria
- Stem Cell Research: Mechanism of stem cell biology
- Biology of marine birds
- Plants and molecular biology
- Camouflage tendency in sea animals
- Natural disasters in the past few years
- Effects of DNA modifications on humans
- DNA structure and genetic disorders
- Study of Immunology and Transplantation
- Biology of COVID-19 and its strains
Research Paper plays an important role in achieving a good score in your academics. It holds great importance not only in school and college but also throughout your life. It certainly is an achievement and works like a feather on the hat for further education and future opportunities. With this article, we have established what good research should consist of. We hope you find these articles and the examples of research paper topics useful for your research work. If you want to outshine others in writing a research paper, go through all the necessary points, and you will surely achieve good grades based on your research paper. A good research paper can lead you on your way towards success and score a good rank for a better future.