A successful local organisation is seeking to expand its business internationally for the first time. You have been hired as a consultant to help to prepare for international expansion. You must advise upon the development of an internationalisation strategy to cover the following:-
1. Provide a brief overview of the chosen organisation and critically discuss which country you would recommend them to enter.
2. Discuss typical barriers that will be faced as the organisation expands internationally.
3. Assess the organisation readiness for internationalisation.
4. Based on your analysis, critically evaluate a relevant implementation approach for the internationalisation process
Upon successful completion of this module students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the main features of the international business environment and its main institutions;
- Analyse the political, social, and economic and other configurations that support cross-border trade;
- Critically discuss the nature of the multinational firm as an institutional structure for the conduct of cross-border trade and investment;
- Analyse the key decisions that multinational firms make in relation to the choice of markets and entry strategies;
- Evaluate the different modes of engagement with international markets and explore the interconnectedness between
- these and the economic, legal, governmental, political, regulatory, cultural and other environments in which expanding companies operate;
- Conduct informed research into international business issues and apply theoretical insights to the analysis of such issues in the context of a complex international business environment.