Write a paper on a topic of your choice related to global logistics or supply chain management.
Your paper should include the following:
Demonstrating quality and depth of content
Organising the report properly
Topic : Green logistics
Theory of Green Logistics/History
- The classic logistics focused on producerto consumer movement of products, considering transportation, warehousing and inventory management.
Responsibilities/Foundation of emerging Concepts
- CO2 emissions have exponentially increased over the last decade due to cities development and population growth.
- Last United Nations Climate Summit adopted, even unanimously, actions” to reduce CO2 emissions.
Federal & Global Politics
- The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme/System (ETS) is a major pillar of EU climate policy.
- Gogreen projects can also meet with administrative barriers.
- Furthermore, different administrative regulations at the national level impede the smooth running of international rail and sea transport for example the different materials to be used in fire extinguishers (Angheluta & Costea, 2011).
- Environmental costs are often “externalised, and mainly or nongovermental organisations press on local communities to invest for landscape improvement.
Challenges, Trends & Recommendations
- The issue of environmental technologies and alternative sources of fuls are very complex not only from a technical point of view, but mainly for customers, governmental/local authority and investors financial behaviour.
- Apart from the lacking availability of some alternative fuels, also the current fuel supply infrastructure is adapted to traditional fuels like gasoline and diesel gas.
- The storage of alternative for long period of time requires certain storage conditions, and cannot be mixed with traditional fuels.
- Park of motorised road vehicles has a substantial contribution to air pollution, also to congestion for traffic accidents.
- Longterm and large investment for rail transportsin general advantageous in environmental terms compared with trucks and planes is another major priority.
- Until now for the shipping sector one of the most important barriers to takeup environmental technologies was the lacking of legal framework and the political approaches toward emission reduction.
- The aviation industry is confronted with the problem of combatting of all air noxas and noise.
- The combination of road and rail transport via truckrailwagons can also be rendered difficult, using nowadays rail standards.
- Gogreen schemes must be adapted to the applicable solution both of the city level anor transport forwarder.
- Future-oriented for environmentally friendly solutions does not need to be concerned in alternative fuels or vehicle issues but also food storage and temperature sensitive goods.
- Go-Green approach is revolutionary because it is based on new legaladminsitrative regulations and politicallybased decisions.
- An alternative or additional measure to command and control measures are Emissionsl Trading Scheme, which leaves even more leeway to the manufacturers and users of transport vehicles.
- The basic conclusion were that environmental approach is an individual and collective task.