1. Illustrate the common tradeoffs that occur between the functional areas of logistics?
2. Why are customer’s relationships, operations typically more erratic than manufacturing support and procurement operations?
3. Describe the logistic value proposition; be specific regarding specific customer relationships and costs.
4. Discuss uncertainty as it relates to the overall logistical performance cycle, discuss and illustrate how performance cycle variance can be controlled
1.Why is least total cost performance not always what a consumer prefers? Illustrates a situation that supports your answer?
1. Why are the four primary service outputs of spatial convenience, lot size, waiting time and product variety important for the logistics management? Provide examples of competent firms that differ in the level of each service output provided to the customers.
2. Using the ten categories of customer expectations in table 3.2 develop your own examples of how customers might evaluate the performance of a supplier.
3. Explain the customer satisfaction gaps shown in fig 3.1
1.What in your opinion would be the major logistics challenge faced by Unilever in this initiative