Sustainable Land-Use Practices Level 7
Assignment Essay Topic:
You are to write an essay on: What are the main barriers to implementing sustainable land-use practices in New Zealand? In your essay, I wish to read your opinion, supported by case studies and evidence, as to why we have not been able to implement more sustainable land-use practices in New Zealand. Within your discussion, factor in the many economic, political, cultural and environmental impacts.
We shall also run two tutorial classes before the essay is due where you can seek guidance and help in writing your essay. Please bring along your draft essay on the following days: 25 August and 8 September for review.
- Appraise the social, economic, cultural and environmental impacts of various types of land-use.
- Assess and negotiate the barriers to sustainable land-use implementation.
When writing the essay
The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Use 1.5 line spacing and use wide margins
- Use Times Roman Font (12 point)
- Check your work for spelling and grammatical errors. Please re-read your work or get someone else to read it.
- Avoid technical jargon. If you use any technical jargon – explain what it means.
- There should be no headings in your essay
- Do not write overly long complex sentences. Keep your writing style simple
- Use metric (SI) measurements if you use any
- Get your essay in on time. If your work is not submitted by the due date it will be deemed as a resubmission and the maximum mark will be the minimum pass mark (= 50%). The due date will be 4pm on the day for final submission.
- Your essay must be submitted electronically. Please send this to email@example.com or bring your essay in on a flash drive and hand this into me personally.
- There is a 2000 word limit. You will be penalised for writing more so the secret is to write succinctly. Use the word count feature in MS Word to check your work.
- Items that are not included in the word count requirement: a. Cover page b. References c. Appendices. If you have a need for diagrams or tables, please include these in your appendix. They should not be part of your text.
- Use APA referencing – see information provided on writing references.
- Use the primary literature = journal articles, books, reports. You will be penalised for citing or using the internet sources for your referencing.