Wage inequality between employees, educated in Canada, and internationally trained individuals employed in Canada.
A research design project requires to put together a detailed and well-referenced proposal to evaluate a given program or public policy complete with objectives and methods to be employed to operationalize the plan.
Evaluability assignment should be a research design project with a detailed and well-referenced proposal to evaluate a public policy or a program. Objectives and methods have to be employed to operationalize the plan. Need to propose how to evaluate topic and build methodology based on the evaluation results.
- Introduction (context and motivation, why is this project and evaluation important?)
- Legislative/policy background if applicable
- Background information on program/policy and stakeholders (brief history, mandate, size, organization, etc.)
- Literature review of relevant theoretical and empirical research (Think outside the box, adopt an interdisciplinary perspective!). Note: The literature review should cover both program theory and empirical research on similar evaluations and their findings and methods.
- Program Logic Model
- Data sources (existing, proposed)
- Outline of evaluation method(s) including their advantages and limitations
- Research ethics (issues, safeguards, attach sample consent form in appendix)
- Expected timeline and resources needed for implementation
- Summary and conclusions of the Evaluability Assessment (i.e. is the program or policy valuable?)