You are asked to identify, analyze and apply relevant information to a real-life organization, using your own independent research.
Your Assignment will be assessed on:
• The degree of understanding and knowledge your work demonstrates
• The quality of your research, selection of relevant material, the depth of your investigation
and the clarity of your expression
• How well you answer the numbered points within each question
Using the information you have discovered from your research on your allocated organization:
1. Planning Process
Assume you are an operational manager in your allocated organization. Describe the process you might follow to develop your department’s operational plan for the next twelve months.
Assume you are the chief Executive (CE) of your selected organization. Describe the process you would follow to develop your organization’s strategic plan.
3.The Purpose of Strategic and Operational Plans
Briefly discuss how your allocated organization might use a strategic plan and an operational plan. Describe the purpose of each of these two types of plans and explain how they differ from each other.
4 Implementation and Control
Describe how your allocated organization might use each of the three timings of control: Feed forward, concurrent and feedback.
HIGH: SIGNIFICANTLY SURPASSES THE REQUIRED STANDARD FOR THIS PAPER.
• Clear evidence of in-depth field research on the selected organization; uses additional resources beyond text and course notes to support answers
• Demonstrated ability to apply in-depth knowledge to the real organization
• Clear evidence of critical thinking and analysis
• Explanations are clear and logically relate to question areas
Answers show in-depth understanding of management functions, processes and theories,and demonstrate mastery of the subject matter
Suggested processes and techniques are reasonably appropriate and workable for this organization
• Content contains all pertinent information, needs no supplementing and is easy to understand
• Opinions are confidently expressed and supported by sound justifications
• Directly addresses the questions asked, independent integration and synthesis of material, high degree of originality and thought, uses innovative twists and creativity, applies appropriate level of persuasion
GOOD: ABOVE AVERAGE – A SUBSTANTIAL ACHIEVEMENT.
Evidence of additional research on the selected organization
Management functions, processes and theories are clearly understood
Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge to a real organization
Demonstrates the ability to apply relevant concepts and theories appropriately
Suggested processes and techniques generally are suitable for this organization
Answers show good understanding and are well-organised
Content contains all key points and is clearly presented
SATISFACTORY: MEETS THE REQUIRED STANDARD FOR THIS PAPER
• Evidence of average research on the selected organization
• Demonstrates an awareness of management functions, processes and theories.
• Answers show evidence of understanding the management functions and processes occurring in a real organization
• Content is organized and material is presented with apparent understanding
• Answers contain a number of key points and are useful
UNSATISFACTORY: FAILS TO MEET THE REQUIRED STANDARD FOR THIS PAPER.
• Inadequate or incomplete research on the selected organization
• Answers indicate confusion regarding management functions, processes and theories
Depth of analysis is missing
• Answers are poorly structured
• Content is incomplete and unclear and needs significant supplementing to be useful
Required level of critical thinking is inadequate
UNACCEPTABLE: SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW THE REQUIRED STANDARD FOR THIS PAPER
• Little or no research on selected organization
• Answers indicate little, if any, understanding of management functions, processes and theories
• Little or no analysis or critical thinking demonstrated in answers
• Content shows significant confusion over key principles, facts, and issues
• Disorganized, poorly presented content, little if any research or preparation apparent
• Information was copied directly from a source and not referenced using the APA referencing method