For Research Project 1 you will choose an invention and find out all you can about it from a variety of sources.
Below is a suggested structure for the assignment but individual assignments will be different depending on the topic chosen.
You will introduce your choice and indicate why you chose it.
- Who made this invention and where and when did it happen?
- What was invented before this?
- How was it made and what difficulties were faced in the design/invention process?
- How were these difficulties overcome?
- How did this invention revolutionise its area?
- How does it makes things better, easier, possible?
- How has it changed since it was invented?
- How is the latest version better than the original?
- How has this invention changed your life?
- How would your life be different if it had not been invented?
- Why did you choose to write about this invention? Please write more detail here to justify your choice.
Here you should conclude on your topic and briefly reiterate why this invention is So important.
As mentioned the above is only one possible way to organise the assignment and yours may be quite different.
List of possible inventions:
The internal combustion engine
The printing press
The word processor
The weaving loom
The microwave oven