For your chosen department, service or organisation
- Describe the existing structure
- Hypothesise why the existing structure was chosen and suggest how it contributes to organisational health.
- Review the functions, goals, interdependencies with other departments/ services/ organisations and the accountabilities of the department/ service/ organisation
- Discuss how the existing structure is likely to facilitate or impede the achievement of the identified goals, purposes, relationships, etc.
- Make a justified recommendation, drawing upon your knowledge of the theory, either providing support for the existing structure or making a recommendation for a different, more appropriate structure. Be specific in your description of the existing/new structure and the reasons why you have chosen this structure.
Organisation: Structure is important to effectively present information and to express
arguments in a logical and systematic way. Was the paper well organised in a manner
consistent with academic/consultancy paper writing? Did the paper conform to the word
Expression: Higher written communication skills include an ability to write in a clear style,
with appropriate grammatical structure and vocabulary, correct spelling and punctuation,
and well-structured sentences. Was the written expression of an acceptable standard?
Citations and List of References: Whenever you quote, or use an idea or data from a source,
you must indicate its origin. Did the paper include an adequate list of references with
meticulously cited sources?
Sources: Were sources used to strengthen the argument where required? Was background
reading and knowledge of the relevant theories evident in the paper?
Descriptive Content: Descriptive content provides the reader with the understanding of the
situation. Were the descriptive aspects of the topic dealt with sufficiently?
Analytical Content: To rise above the basic level, a paper needs sound analytical content.
Was this evident in the paper? Was there sufficient evidence of application of the concepts
and theories of this unit?