The objective of this assessment is to demonstrate your ability and skills in researching a business related topic. You are required to write a brief literature review on a topic of your choice.
1. Research Title
2. Introduction .
In this section, you need to give an outline of;
• why your topic is important;
• the scope of the review — what aspects of the topic will be discussed;
• the criteria used for your literature selection (e.g. type of sources used, quality and number of sources);
• The organisational pattern of the review (the literature review may be arranged (a) according to the various sub‐topics that are central to the study; (b) chronologically from oldest to more recent research; (c) according to different points of view; or (d) a combination of these).
3. Literature review.
In the literature review, you need to;
• Point out overall trends in what has been published about your topic.
• Summarise individual studies or articles with as much or as little detail as each merits according to its comparative importance in the literature, remembering that space (length) denotes significance.
• Proceed from the general, wider view of the research under review to the specific problem.
• After reviewing at least five sources relevant to your topic, you are expected to raise one or two research questions.
• Point out major gaps in research, inconsistencies in theory and findings, and areas or issues pertinent to future study.
• Conclude by providing some insight into the relationship between the central topic of your literature review and a larger area of study such as a discipline, or a profession.