Learning objectives and graduate skills tested
This assignment relates to your ability to demonstrate your understanding of the various components of an online business, aligning them with a business’ strategic requirements and objectives and communicating them to the client as a tangible product for their consideration and evaluation
TASK 1: PROTOTYPE IMPLEMENTATION
1. Use the assigned URL supplied to you by your Course Leader to develop a preliminary prototype of your proposed e-commerce website.
a. REMINDER: Ensure that the prototype is directly and obviously related to the business model/category that was assigned to you. Failure to do so will result in your assignment being rejected and a zero mark awarded.
2. Configure the site with a menu and navigation links to (at the very minimum) the following content pages:
a. Home page (including a company banner and logo, and navigation menu)
b. About page
c. Product/information page/s (include descriptions, prices and images)
d. Company Policies page i. Returns and refunds ii. Security iii. Privacy and confidentiality
- i. Returns and refunds
- ii. Security
- iii. Privacy and confidentiality
e. Contacts page
You will not be required to install WordPress on your computer.
Instead, you will be provided access to a pre-installed WordPress development environment provided by cloudaccess.net via a URL link assigned to each student.
Instructions to access your cloudaccess.net website will be provided on the StudyDesk.
Task 1 will be assessed for completeness and working functionality based on an inspection of your website.
TASK 2: BRIEFING REPORT (essay format)
1. Identify the URL of the website and your assigned business model/category in the first part of the report.
2. Describe the website structure and the purpose of each element (include snapshots and diagrams where appropriate).
3. List the WordPress components and features you used in the development of the prototype
4. Describe the components and features you plan to include in the final product (should your company be awarded the contract).
5.Explain any changes you have implemented (or plan to implement) that deviates from your initial proposal and presentation from Assignment 1
6. List and briefly describe any links and resources that you have used,as well as any that you are likely to use in the building of the fully functional website.