You are expected to research and compare and contrast the findings for the identified countries (Singapore and Japan) on selected macro topic (Growth Sectors).
- Brief overview/summary of the two economies
- Overview of GDP and GDP growth for both countries in past 3-5 years. Summary statistics of GDP and growth in past 3-5 years
- Why GDP is important – Principle #8
- Analysis how the GDP has contributed to the growth and standard of living for the two countries.
Growth Sectors (Individual)
- What are the growth sectors for each country? This could be the result of the economic structuring policies of the government.
- Explain importance of Growth Sector(s) to the countries
- Use statistics and analysis of trends to discuss which are the growth sectors and Why
- Relate Singapore’s and another country’s economic structuring to its lack of natural resources/natural endowments and other factors (e.g. political, social, historical)
- Examine policies in both countries that are instrumental in development of those sectors
Conclusion – Comparison and Contrast of Singapore and selected Country
- Compare and contrast both economies: the similarities and differences
- Discussion on how these macroeconomic issues/factors have impact on both the countries.
- Conclusion should be a summary of both economies and not a detailed discussion of their similarities and differences.