Task one – Reflection‐ Leadership in the workplace
Answer the following questions using paragraphs.
1. Overview of the workplace or organisation
2. What leadership qualities and personal characteristics did/ does the leader display/ show in
the workplace or organisation?
3. Which capabilities (character, traits, skills, etc.) are most relevant for effective leadership in
terms of building relationships and establishing trust? Justify your selection
4. Discuss if the leader in the workplace/ organisation displayed any of the above capabilities?
5. Choose the most appropriate leadership style from one of the following that would best suit
this workplace/ organisation. Justify your selection
6. What are the strengths and weakness of the leadership style you have chosen?
7. Discuss the how any workplace/ organisation could ‘shift’ from a paradigm of Control to an
8. How might your workplace/ organisation implement the above ‘shift’ and how might the
employees react to the changes?
Task two – Reflection – Personal Leadership Style (Learning outcomes 1 & 2)
Think about the kind of leadership style you would like to have. It can be, but does not need to be
one of the styles listed above.
1. Reflect on your own leadership capabilities in terms of the leadership style you would liked to have.
Write an evaluation of your five key strengths and weaknesses in respect to this leadership style.
- Include at least one weakness
- Make sure you explain why you think it is strength or a weakness
- Write in full sentences
2. Decide on at least one capability you would like to develop to become a better leader.
Outline how you will develop this capability/these capabilities during this leadership course.
Write in full sentences
In the second assignment you will be asked to reflect on how successful you think you were in developing this capability/these capabilities.