This assignment specifically addresses the following learning objectives of the course:
LO5- Demonstrate effective communication by composing writing that communicates ideas, meaning and/or argument in a format that broadly follows conventions in the information systems field.
LO6 –Apply technology and online skills to locate relevant information for the assignments, analyze the presented problems and data, and engage in the use of the resources provided on UConnect.
Congratulations! You have just been hired as the CIO of a successful multinational management service provider with offices in cities across the globe. You provide major categories of knowledge services to consumers (based on big data, which is your specialization) that include hospitals and other health agencies.
One of your customer is interested in knowing how ‘personal health records’ can be managed in his organization. This customer (CEO) has read an article while traveling from New York to Bombay, and with the explosion of health tourism in India, thought, this would be an area that his company should investigate further. The CEO understood that Personal Health Record consists of many issues to consider, policies to be developed or modified at organizational level, and new investments to be made to manage data security.
This CEO approached you to provide an initial report on Personal Health Records with in the context of Global Information Systems has, and strategies required to implementing such a system in his organization.
You are required to research the background for a project to implement and manage Personal Health Records, determine the scope for the extent to which you recommend use of this concept at an organization level.
The scope of this assignment is restricted to the following key aspects:
1. How is Personal Health Records utilized in other organizations and what are the risks
2. What experiences are gained by other companies in using Personal Health Records
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Personal Health Records concept in an organization
4. The scope to which you recommend this organization to utilize the Personal Health Records concept
5. The infrastructure required to realize such a concept
6. Best-practice for how this concept should be managed
The above components are presented to the CEO, therefore need to be precise, succinct and meaningful. For the purpose of the assignment, you can choose an organization of your choice, and with space), and then build the assignment.
The assignment should be thoroughly researched, with evidence provided through references. The CEO is keen to see a well-argued case, highlighting insights as to the above 6 key aspects, and would like to see strong points arguing your case as to the infrastructure requirements and best-practice.
As this domain is new to the CEO, he is not able to provide too many details and expect you to conduct whatever research is required in arriving at the report. When you conduct your research, you will map the content researched to your course weekly materials so that what has been taught can be applied.
The management agreed to provide only 20% of the total fee as an initial advance, and would determine the remainder in two installments based on the quality of the report. This is the first report attracting 40% of the fee. Please note the second 40% is covered in the next written assignment.
Therefore, you need to submit a cover letter detailing time required to undertake this task, resources that will be utilized to undertake such task and the cost that you are anticipating to charge. The CEO is comfortable with a 5% variation.
The assignment will have three additional components in addition to the 6 key aspects. They are:
1. A cover letter stating the fee, resource and time schedule
2. A 5000 character report providing background details of the company
3. A time and resource schedule as to the infrastructure requirements.
The report is provided to the CEO of the organization and needs to be top class in presentation. You have absolute freedom in all other aspects.
a)Cover letter including fee schedule, time and resource schedule, planning documentation to execute the task
b)Introductory materials, Scope & Background
c)Experiences gained by other companies including best practices in this domain
- The quality and depth on experiences, relevance and applicability to the context chosen.
d)Advantages and disadvantages
- Critical analysis and implications of the above to the chosen context
e)Recommendation of utilization to the chosen context
- This should evolve as a result of the above three sections, and should be articulated properly
f)Scope of recommendations
- You list assumptions made and justification for such assumptions. This will have an impact on the overall quality and this details will be assessed throughout the assignment