Just In Time Assignment
How Assignment Help Works
1. Upload Your Assignment
State your requirements straightaway in the task submission form. We will look into the assignment requirements when you upload the files.
2. Pay for Assignment
Get the quotes for the best price from us for your required assignments. Rush to make payments through PayPal, Credit Card or Debit Card.
3. Get Assignment Solution
You will definitely appreciate the assignments written by us after long hours of dedicated research. The assignment after completion will be sent to your e-mail and the student account of Assignments4u.
Just-in-time manufacturing is also known as the Toyota production system (TPS) or just-in-time production. Just in Time is a methodology that primarily aimed at reducing flow times within the production with response times from suppliers and to customers. After its origin and development in Japan, in the 1960s and 1970s, at Toyota, in 1980s, JIT migrated to Western industry, where JIT features were put into effect in many manufacturing companies. The nature of just-in-time, meaning JIT manufacturing/production or JIT in any other setting, can be reduced to four somewhat differently stated views
- According to many, JIT revolves around wastes. Amongst the earliest writings on the matter, Shingo lists, as the “7 Wastes,” the wastes of: waiting, over-production transportation, stocks [inventories], processing itself ,motion, and making defective products.
- Others have associated JIT production with kanban. For instance, one book has both just-in-time and kanban its main title.
- JIT’s main aim is the elimination of inventories. While Murray maintains that “JIT is defined as ‘NOT an inventory control system–but a way of working, thinking and management for eliminating wastes in the manufacturing process’.
- According to the fourth view, JIT is mainly about the quick response, connecting to the “T”—for “time”—in JIT. As Blackburn put it, the major benefits of JIT are Quick response. Speed or Time is the linchpin of this manufacturing philosophy. On the other hand, inventory is an ancillary benefit. Quick response refers alternatively to flow times reduction of cycle times; throughput times, and all the way to the customer, leads times. According to Bicheno, JIT has the “provocative goal,” of producing, instantaneously, with minimum waste and perfect quality, and he continues to qualify “instantaneously” by saying, that the ideal way for producing the end product is literally just in time to meet the market demand for it. Henceforth, JIT is primarily a lead-time reduction programme.
The list of methodologies of JIT manufacturing provided by Sepheri that are not exhaustive but important.
- Housekeeping – the physical organization and discipline.
- Make it right the first time – the elimination of defects.
- Setup reduction – the flexible changeover approaches.
- Lot sizes of one – the ultimate flexibility and lot size
- Uniform plant load – the levelling as a control mechanism.
- Balanced flow – the organizing flow scheduling throughput.
- Skill diversification – the multi-functional workers.
- Control by visibility – the communication media for activity.
- Preventive maintenance – the flawless running, no defects.
- Fitness for use – the produce ability, design for process.
- Compact plant layout – the product-oriented design.
- Streamlining movements – the smoothing materials handling.
- Supplier networks – the extensions of the factory.
- Worker involvement – the small group improvement activities.
- Cellular manufacturing – the production methods for flow.
- Pull system – signal resupply systems or the [Kanban] replenishment.
Clutter buck and Voss offer, in a different style, offer their own list of “some” of JIT’s methodologies, that the following list includes citations from other sources.
- JIT Purchasing
- Continuous Improvement
- Organizations in cells or modules
- Flexible work-force via cross- training
- Preventive maintenance often referred to as total productive maintenance
- Standardized containers
- Work in Process reduction
What Students Say About Us
Received very help good English assignment from your tutors. Your assignments fetched me high marks. I am very pleased with your service.
I would easily recommend your services to all my friends. Now, I no longer need to worry about my college assignments because I know Assignments4u would be there to help me.
Graduation and post graduation is a bother. But with you around Assignments4u every student would be saved a lot of trouble with all their assignments.
Give your grades a boost