Weekly Discussion Question
‘Your team meeting is going great and everyone in attendance agrees on the importance of having a communication chart in the plan. Allen and Jill believed the chart was overlooked because they had assumed it would be in the index area along with the other list of communication technology, terms and definitions, and acronyms. Monique and Tim disagreed and said they were taught that the index of the communication management plan would be rolled into the project management plan dictionary along with the project plans (risk, quality, cost, procurement, human resource, etc.). A debate ensued between the four of them and they all looked to you for an answer.
In a few paragraphs respond to the following questions:
- What is a communication plan index and what type of information does it include?
- Where should the communication plan index be located (communication plan or project plan)?
- Based on your research and further discussion, where would you recommend it goes and why?
Week 8 Discussion
1. The communication plan index is a set of research-based criteria to develop and assess public communication products. The Index supports the efforts of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to comply with the Plain Writing Act of 2010 and achieve the goals set forth.
There is the various type of information that the communication plan index includes and some of them are listed below-
Firstly, the information that they will send is the information related to the stakeholders. It provides information related to all the contact information such as phone numbers and emails so that anyone who wants to access the communication plan can get the information.
Secondly, the communication type information is present there. Here the information is provided that what type of communication will be provided and how will be the communication will be shared weekly or monthly (Lo Presti & Marino, 2020, p.1385).
Thirdly the information related to the team members and are been there who are involved in the project. The conversation takes place like a how-to handle the situation.
2. The communication plan index should be located in the communication plan. This is because the communication plan index shows data similar to the communication plan, which includes communication technology, definitions, and the acronyms mentioned in the plan. There are various reasons that the communication plan index should be located in the communication plan. Firstly, it helps to understand the communication framework. Secondly, the communication plan index should come just after the communication flow chart because it will give a comprehensive explanation of the terms present in the flow chart that makes it easy to understand. Thirdly the communication plan index must be located in the communication plan because the communication plan ensures clear and consistent communication to recipients. It helps to promote the dissemination of accurate information to the campus in a manner that is professional, informative, and user-friendly, and contributes to the ongoing culture of ITS. So, it can be said that the communication plan index should be located in the communication plan so that all the work can be done smoothly without any problem.
3. Based on your research and further discussion it can be said that an effective communications management plan anticipates what information will need to be communicated to specific audience segments. The plan should also address who has the authority to communicate confidential or sensitive information and how information should be disseminated (Cardoso, Lima & Lopes, 2021, p.120). The communication plan is a critical part of a project, as the project is in the execution phase it will be critical to manage communication successfully. The communication plan index should come just after the communication flow chart because it will give a comprehensive explanation of the terms present in the flow chart that makes it easy to understand. This will also eliminate confusion in the project and thus boost the efficiency of the overall project processes. According to my recommendation, I can say that the communication plan is required as it helps to provide the correct information related to the project.
Cardoso, A. P. C., Lima, J. N., & Lopes, F. J. (2021). STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PLAN AS A WEB SALES LEVEL. Journal on Innovation and Sustainability RISUS, 12(04), 115-125.
Lo Presti, L., & Marino, V. (2020). Is online public engagement a new challenge in the university communication plan? A managerial perspective. Studies in Higher Education, 45(7), 1380-1397.