Attempts to gain relevant resources? Are you structuring the right format? Are you developing the apt-est hypothesis? Following all the vital rules of citation?
While each of these prevails as key elements for constructing one real quality research paper, are you savvy over how to write a conclusion for a research paper? Sure, you devote enough care to this part?
Learn that perfection over this particular aspect is indispensable since only then does your paper – Click here, to get 200 Best Research Paper Topics
Appear as a concrete and comprehensive:
In fact, a well-crafted conclusion complements the deftness, expertize, and hard work you have committed throughout the paper.
But, as find out specific academic surveys, students across the globe tend to be ambiguous over this particular issue.
While some opine that the conclusion is ‘just a summary’ of what has been depicted in the previous pages; to others, it is a ‘space’ to include details about methodology and statistical findings.
Confusion even prevails over the part’s length. While some think 1-2 paragraphs are sufficient, for some conclusion must and must be lengthy.
What? You too experience these particular doubts while writing one? Well, realizing this issue to be bothersome for most research students across the world, in here an earnest attempt has been made to solve it.
The Essential Guideline…
#1 What Is A Research Paper Conclusion?
The prime aspect to know if to write the adept conclusion.
In accordance with the faculties of globally-famous universities, this is not a ‘summary’ of your entire research, but an apt synthesis of it.
Aim to present a crystal-clear picture of the research’s core objective and significance.
At best, it must strengthen your hypothesis and provide valuable closing thoughts to the reader.
Moreover, instead of summarizing, try to give your very own thoughts and assessments.
This is the place to –
- Showcase how well you have ‘grasped’ upon the very topic.
- What have been your own learnings while doing the research and not what you desired to learn.
- Upheld your definite suggestions for future research scope over that particular topic.
And as the ground-rules do not –
- Be vague and random over ‘what to say’; but adopt an organized and to-the-point approach
- Write a way-too-lengthy one; remember not the volume, but ‘what has been included’ matters the most; the best practice is to go for 2-3 succinct paragraphs
#2 Highlight Key Findings
A significant element emphasized by research guides throughout the globe.
But what they opine is that students often do not know which are the ‘actual points’ to upheld in conclusion and end up merely repeating certain arguments and data.
What they advise is that of …
- Composing yourself and giving a thorough, attentive read to the entire paper written. This perfectly aids a student in self-realizing which the most important points to highlight are.
- Doing away with the need to support each such point; what is required is an adept synopsis of the statement made
#3 Attempt to Impact
In the opinion of a veteran scholar, a research paper’s conclusion should;
- Evoke a feeling of urgency in the reader’s mind
- Drive them to take an action
- Influence them to remember the paper long after reading it
When a student succeeds in doing this, heightens the paper’s scope to ‘cut own edge’ amidst others.
Any tips on how to do that? Well, here they are presented:
- Suggest a specific approach to adopt as a potent solution to the problem you have addressed; in no way offer a sense of indecision or uncertainty.
- Illuminate on the results of your findings by referring to relevant practical contexts so that it alerts the reading minds.
- If possible, present your chief concluding insight through a graphical chart or suitable image.
- When to provide your own view (only if the field of study allows so) in conclusion, make sure to support that with appropriate personal experiences.
- In relation to the point above, prevent from making guesses and sound like one with a clarified understanding of the issue researched
- Revert back to the most important and suited. anecdote/quotation/expert opinion cited in the entire thesis. Thus establish what you are concluding into and prompting readers to believe you.
- Offer such suggestions that lead the readers to explore newer dimensions of knowledge over the topic.
- As a best practice, draw the end in a spontaneous style – with the final sentence upholding your research as a medium of corresponding social progress/change.
#4 Sound Convincing While Restating
The core thesis statement must be re-told. While this remains a principal criterion while developing a research paper’s conclusion – be sure not simply to repeat what you have depicted in the main body.
It is a scope to make the readers believe in your hypothesis – not bore them with the same verbatims.
- Answering those questions which were ‘left open’ throughout the research.
- Pulling together all the contradictory opinions that you have presented till now and representing one holistic opinion over the main matter studied.
- Stating if within the entire course of research your viewpoint over the main thesis statement remains the same. When otherwise, draw a clear picture of how results of your findings have led you to alter own stand.
- Showing with exactness the worthiness of the study done with context to your definite academic spectrum and the related worldly scenario; however, for this purpose do not ‘spend’ more than 2-3 sentences; be direct and succinct in your style.
#5 Do Not Avoid The Negative
One highly common mistake students tend to commit and thereby end up writing a most commonplace conclusion.
- Each negative finding (results not approved within your research spectrum)
- Every research shortcoming
- Existing deadlock points (over particular aspects of the study)
are proofs of all the more validating the ultimate conclusion you have reached.
Just as it is indispensable to include all negative results in the research’s ‘Result’ section, so matters focusing on them in the paper’s end-part.
Endorse them as grounds for further studies on your research subject.
#6 Sound As An Authority
A compulsory criterion if people are actually to value your study. The research did ask from you way a lot of studies and analysis of facts and figures.
The conclusion is a scope to showcase;
How well you have interpreted the topic
How much value your research provides to social, life or political contexts
It is very likely that even at the end of the research, there will be some confusions and apprehensions in your mind. But, as a fundamental rule, do not let those get reflected in the conclusion you draw.
Avoid terms like “I think so”, “I am not sure”, “Sorry for the contradiction”, “Probable that there exist other better studies” etc. Ambiguity is the last thing research guides expect in a paper’s conclusion.
Let readers believe your analysis and better even when you show how your study has heightened their particular knowledge level over a particular subject. For an excellent quality paper you can even choose to hire a reliable Research Paper Writing Service.
#7 Pursue These Best Practices
If your principal research goals have changed while researching, make sure to account for that in the conclusion adeptly. Cite back the original purposes as stated in the introduction with a ‘touch’ of refinement. Present the changes as evidence of your attempt to derive at a particular point the research’s end.
Maintain an aptly formal writing tone all throughout the paper till the end. Even though there is ‘space’ to include own thoughts/experiences, in conclusion, do not let that sound emotional or personal.
Endeavor to construct a complete orbit (the ‘Full Circle’ approach) all across the research by linking the introduction and conclusion. Try tactics like –
- Starting a story/narrative/incident in the introduction and completing it in the conclusion.
- Referring back to a crucial graph or image, whenever relevant as mentioned in the introduction.
Avoid, at any point usage of first-person and too general terms such as “So as to conclude”, “Thus concluding”, “As to summarize” etc.
Be sure to follow these crisp steps and craft the apt-est conclusion possible for own paper. If seeking for expert guidance on any aspect of research paper writing, simply click on Assignments4u.com
Veteran academicians and pro scholars dedicate their ultimate to let you present a paper that duly upholds your wisdom and proficiency even amongst 100s of peers. Success is just ‘one browse’ away.
Our Latest Blogs
Being a student, you have to write a variety of academic writings such as essays, term papers, reports, articles, paragraphs, and so on for your academic success. However, the most essential and also hectic academic work is writing a research paper. If given the...
Drafting a research paper is time-consuming work. Students usually invest countless hours in finding a suitable topic, hunting various sources, acquiring relevant materials, and putting all the information into a paper. Some say the writing part is the most difficult...