Every action in this world undergoes a process after which the result is obtained. Every action requires a process to complete itself. Hence the process of anything is an integral part. Since essays tend to include every type of life’s aspects that are important, there is an essay-type on process analysis as well. Now, this brings us to the most pertinent question- what is a process analysis essay? Online essay writing helpers write your essay within the deadline is that close.
PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY: A DEFINITION
As the name suggests itself, a process analysis essay describes the process or the series of steps through which an action achieves its result. It is written in a sequential order, and the reader is given a detailed insight into the process step by step. Constructing a process analysis essay is not as easy as it sounds. You need to have a deep insight about every step in the process so that you can give a detailed analysis to the readers. You must fully understand all the aspects so that you can establish a connection between all the steps and describe how it resulted in the desired end. The essay should be compact and lucid so that it becomes easier for the reader to understand and follow. The process analysis essay can be written in two ways:-
• To direct the reader through the process by detailed step by step instructions.
• To explain and analyze the working of the process.
STRUCTURE OF A PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY
The structure mentioned below stirs up the perfect recipe for every process analysis essay. Have a look:-
• The introduction should include an explanation of the actual process and its relevance. State the issue directly instead of beating around the bush with background information which is entirely not required.
• The next paragraph(s) should include the list of all the ingredients, types of equipment or tools which may be needed in the process. Side-effects or potential risks that may be generated from the process should be mentioned so that the readers are well informed. Also, you should inform the readers of the ways to avoid potential mistakes.
• The next paragraph should include outlining the process. It should be done in a sequential order. Also if the process requires some sub-steps to be undertaken at some intervals, then that should be mentioned. Subdivide the process clearly and concisely to avoid confusions.
You should also change the use of transitional words so that the sentences seem unique and not repetitive. Lastly, present a general review of the entire process and stress on the main points without describing the whole thing again.
HOW TO CONSTRUCT A PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY?
- Following are the simple steps which will prepare you to write a process analysis essay:-
Selecting the topic-
The most obvious and the most important step is to choose the topic. Choose the method you want to describe and then do thorough background research about the process. To convey the entire process correctly to your readers you need to have an insight on the topic you have chosen. You also need to decide whether you want to work on the entire issue or just a part of it. Few processes can be extremely lengthy, and hence you can choose to sum it up or focus only on one part of it. You also need to present your essay lucidly. Usage of high technical terms should be avoided as much as possible. Use layman’s terms to make the readers understand your topic.
Break down the process-
Once you are aware of the entire process, you need to break it down into smaller steps. It will help you guide the readers most effectively, and you can hold their interest. It is the only reason why some writers do not explain a lengthy process entirely but focus only on few portions. Their lack of knowledge drives them to request some experts ‘write my essay for me’.
Understand your target audience-
Knowing your target audience can work wonders in the construction of your essay. Know the niche of your audience and formulate the language you use accordingly. If the audience is from a technical background then use of technical terms is appreciable. However, if the audience is novice learner, then use of layman’s term would serve the purpose. It can also help if you know what the audience wants to do with the essay. The language detailing will help a lot when you know the purpose of your readers.
Stuck on Assignments?
click here for your solution
OUTLINE OF A PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY
The outline of a process analysis is the same as other regular essays. It goes something like this:-
It should give necessary information about the process and inform what the readers should ultimately learn by the end of the process. Demonstrate the place where this process will be relevant or useful. It will always be helpful if you give a real world example of an outcome of the procedure.
The Main Body-
A step by step guide of the entire process is required to be given here. Arrange it in the right order so as to avoid error and confusion on the reader’s part. Present each step in its paragraph. Apply proper transitions for each step. You should be descriptive in showing your steps.
Give a concise overview of the entire process in your conclusion. There is no need to repeat the whole process. Mentioning the critical points would suffice. Describe the expected result. When you have described only one part of the process, ask your readers to move on to the next part once they have completed this section of the process. Also, remember not to bring in new steps to be tried out at the end. That might just confuse the readers and deviate them from acquiring the original results.
TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE CONSTRUCTING YOUR ESSAY
Keep the following tips in mind while composing your essay. They might just be the magic touch you were looking for to make your piece unique.
Use clear and concise language-
Nothing beats the life out of an essay more than the use of bombastic words that just might confuse the readers instead of helping them. Try to keep your writing as lucid, precise and straightforward as possible.
Analyze your target audience-
Not everyone has the same retaining capacity and hence analyzing your target audience is quite essential to reach out to your readers.
Studies have shown that using visual aids for your writing can help in getting your message across clearly and they increase the retention capacity of the readers. Visual aids assist in remembering and are a must use for writing essays on such topics.
Using comments will make it more personal. Also adding comments will provide the readers with clearer instructions at each step.
Maintain the order so that there is no confusion and no error while the reader is performing the process.
A test run of instructions-
Do a test run of your given instructions on any of your friend who has the same knowledge level as your audience. It will help you understand whether your process is laid out correctly. Include all the questions that arise during this process and include all of them in your final revision.
Headings and sub-headings-
Include these if they help in your explanation. Each explanation should close off with the step it was explaining so that the audience can move onto the next step without hassles.
EXAMPLES OF PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY
Few examples of process analysis essays are mentioned below. Choose any you like and start working on your essay.
• How can you manage hepatitis?
• How can you prevent a disease?
• What is the process of setting up a campsite?
• What are the processes involved in papermaking?
• How to catch river crabs?
• How can you make your homes safer?
• How can you resolve conflict and build harmony in your workplace?
• How to prepare yourself for a test?
• How to learn a new language?
• How to write a book review?
• How to stop domestic violence?
• How to put up with someone you are not fond of?
• How to use your brain to the maximum potential?
• How to start a boutique?
• How to become a published author?
• How to write a blog?
• How to start an online business?
• How to find a spiritual mentor?
• How to manage your expenses?
• How to lose weight without following a diet?
TO SUM UP
Process analysis essay requires you to understand the process you have chosen thoroughly. Without that, your essay can never acquire a proper shape. So select a topic, research about it and start writing. Wish you good luck for writing your essay!