Cause and effect are two of life’s fundamental traits which are present in every aspect of the human life. They are inseparable, and one is bound to spring from the other. In the field of education as well, there is the aspect of cause and effect. And of course, amongst a million types of essays, this is one particular type as well. And here goes the fundamental question- What is a cause and effect essay? The answer is straightforward. A cause and effect essay is a type of academic writing where the cause and effect of different situations, phenomenon and actions are determined by the author
CAUSE AND EFFECT ESSAY: AN EXPLANATION
A cause and effect relationship is reciprocal meaning one is the result of another. The writer needs to remember the connection between these two traits to write an essay on this genre. Assignments4u provides write my essay for me in order to provide properly customized cause and effect topics. You need to implement your analytical skills while writing a cause and effect essay. Following are the features of this type of an essay:-
- It has a five paragraph conventional structure.
- It has several sub-types. The essay can be focused on highlighting only the causes of any phenomenon or analyzing the effect of any event. Of course, there are some articles which require the writer’s discretion on both the opposing views.
- Making a list of the different causes and effects of the topic concerned can help you have a clear idea of your work and this list will form the body of your essay.
- Use transition words like because due to etc. to link together your ideas.
- Sometimes an event may cause a series of events to take place in a chain reaction. This phenomenon is called the casual chain or the Domino Effect. For example: Using deodorants may bring an end to the world. In cause and effect essays sometimes this effect may be included.
Stuck on Assignments?
click here for your solution
ORGANIZATION OF CAUSE AND EFFECT ESSAYS
There may be three methods or patterns of organizing such essays depending on the topic. They are:-
- Multiple causes leading to an effect- Under this pattern, a number of causes may give rise to one particular effect. For example, Air pollution is caused due to several factors. All the factors need to be explained by devoting at least one paragraph to each, and they need to be supported with substantial pieces of evidence.
- One cause leading to multiple effects- In this pattern, one action may have multiple effects. For example, Watching too much T.V. may have multiple effects on the physiology and psychology of people. All the effects need to be explained here.
- Casual chain or Domino Effect- Under this pattern, one event sets forth a chain of events. For example, Using deodorants may bring an end to this world. All the events have to be explained with examples and statistics to prove the point.
TOPIC IDEAS FOR CAUSE AND EFFECT ESSAYS
Choose a winning topic to write your essay. Cause and effect essays tend to have an appeal, and hence the selection of the subject should be made carefully. Online essay writing is here to attend the needs of all your essays and compositions. I have formed a list below of cause and effect essay topics that might just be the thing you are looking for your assignment:-
i. ESSAY TOPICS ON RELATIONSHIPS AND FAMILY
- What are the reasons behind partner’s cheating on each other?
- What are the long-term effects of a single parent on the child?
- What can be the causes of destructive relationships between siblings?
- Troubled family relationships can cause poor sleep.
- Employment of both spouses can bring financial as well as psychological rewards as well.
- Lack of communication may take a toll on friendship.
- Financial issues are amongst the top reasons for couples breaking up.
- Parent’s divorce has an effect on children’s marriage as well.
- The role model of parents’ influences their children’s behavior.
- Attendance of students’ in a lecture tends to have an effect on the professor’s attitude.
ii. ESSAY TOPICS ON ENVIRONMENT
- What effects does human curiosity have on our planet?
- Mental pollution leads to the degeneration of the society.
- More accurate weather forecasting can save more people from natural disasters.
- Shifting of flora and fauna may lead to the extinction of some species.
- The natural greenhouse effect is caused due to water vapors.
- An increase in sea temperatures may lead to the extinction of certain marine life.
- Uncontrolled spreading of pests may result in food shortages and adversely affect our health.
- The melting glaciers in Antarctica can cause massive floods.
- Reduction of suitable areas for human habitation tends to increase the population growth and density in other places.
- The coal-fired power4 stations are a primary cause of greenhouse effect.
iii. ESSAY TOPICS ON SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES
- What are the causes of poverty in megalopolises?
- The impact of violence on society.
- What are the effects of social networks on real life communications?
- Throw away culture causes the growth of solid waste.
- The media creates bias in the audience.
- Reality shows affect the behavior of audiences.
- Learning Chinese improves your cognitive ability.
- China’s one-child policy may adversely affect family relations.
- The anorexia and bulimia tendencies in the modern women are influenced by the skinny models that are to blame.
- What are the causes affecting voter’s apathy?
iv. ESSAY TOPICS ON THE TECHNOLOGY
- How has the internet changed the youth?
- How has technology replaced the natural life of the youth?
- How has Japan advanced in technology to such a huge extent?
- Over-use of technology causes insomnia.
- How does online shopping cause people to spend more money?
v. ESSAY TOPICS ON EDUCATION
- The effects of students learning in a balanced and year-round scheduling.
- What are the causes for some students to drop out of college?
- How does student’s involvement in extra-curricular activities help?
- The causes and effects of failure.
vi. ESSAY TOPICS ON PSYCHOLOGY
- The effect of stress on students who both study and work.
- The causes and effects of having empathy.
- The causes for the spread of depression as a widespread illness.
- Homelessness is the cause of low morale.
- The feminist movement has led to the fear of commitment in women.
- Inferiority complex makes people get into destructive relationships repeatedly.
vii. ESSAY TOPICS ON HEALTH
- Ozone present in the air aggravates lung diseases like asthma, chronic bronchitis, etc.
- What are the causes of insomnia?
- Causes and effects of vaccination on teenagers.
- How does an individual’s diet affect his or her health?
- The causes of long-term smoking.
- The unrealistic beauty standard created by media causes eating disorders in adolescents.
- Effects of eating genetically modified food.
viii. ESSAY TOPICS ON SPORTS
- Working out helps in generating hormones that are useful to our immune system.
- Indulging in sports creates stronger peer relationships.
- Exercising helps reduce stress levels.
- Children indulging in sports and team activities have better communication skills and a greater degree of confidence.
- Causes and effects of sports violence.
ix. ESSAY TOPICS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Development of technology may lead to the gamification of education.
- Learning a second language may help in preventing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Using smartphones especially before sleeping may lead to the worsening of sleep quality.
- Multi-tasking regularly may increase stress levels and impair one’s memory.
x. MISCELLANEOUS ESSAY TOPICS
- The technological boom has dramatically changed the way people interact.
- A sense of humor improves the personal relations.
- How can the changes in weather affect people’s moods?
- Causes of prostitution.
- What causes voter apathy?
- The effects of divorce on children.
- Optimism improves immunity.