Your assignment is to report on a “cultural experience” visit you make during this term. The experience should be done in person (if this is impossible, contact the instructor to arrange an alternative assignment) You may not report on a cultural experience from prior to this class.
You should attend of visit one of the following.
- a museum or display of art, culture, of technology
- a sculpturë garden
- a significant of notable architectural site (If there is explanatory material; there to help you understand il)
- a music concert
- a street art festival
- a dance performance
- an important & notable historical site (if there is explanatory material there to help you understand it)
- a religious service, ceremony of ritual for a religion very different from yours. if you practice (for instance, if you are Christian, you may riot go to another Christian Denomination’s service)
- other displays of performances may be acceptable. Check with your instructor for approval beforehand
After your cultural experience visit, write a report that includes the following information
1.Name and location of the museum, site, or event, if there is on-line information about the site or performance, include a link.
2.Type of museum, site of event. For example, is it a portrait museum, a poetry slam, an outdoor Shakespeare festival performance? If you attend a performance name the performer of the piece. Be Specific about what you attended, when, and where.
3.Briefly describe the general setting
4.Describe one or more parts or aspects of the experience—for example, a particular work of art, cultural artifact, song, dance section, scene in a play, costumes of lighting, one particular actor of vocalist—that you found especially interesting. Explain what impressed you, and why. Your reaction can be positive of negative, as long as you offer an explanation for your reactions.
5.Identify and use at least two things you’ve learned in class to that you can connect to your experience. For example, if you visit a museum, you might point out the architectural style, discuss an artist you’ve learned about in the course, tie in your experience with a class discussion, make use of a concept presented in a class assignment
6.Include photos or links to images on a web page to help convey the information.
7.How did the experience engage your feelings or emotions, if at all? What does this tell you about human culture.
8.Reflect on the relevance-if any–of your experience to your Everyday life.