Choose one procedure of your service that relates to your role, such as nappy-changing or food-handling, then complete these tasks:
- What tasks in the procedure relate to work health and safety?
- What tasks do you have direct responsibility for?
- What work health and safety tasks are specified in your position description?
- Give an example of when you have followed a procedure to complete a work health and safety task.
- Explain what process you would follow if you were unsure of the scope of your role. Include an example of why you should seek clarification if you are unclear about what you should do.
Reflect on the procedures that you have used for an example in Question 1.
- Identify an adjustment that could be made to the procedure that would provide additional clarification. Who could you seek clarification from about the procedure prior to finalising the suggested adjustment? Give one reason why they are an appropriate source of information about this procedure.
- Outline your services procedure for communicating this adjustment to management. Could this communication procedure be improved? Explain why or why not.
- In what ways does this procedure incorporate sustainability practices?