Within the Discussion Board area, write that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
You are speaking on the phone with Mike when he asks about what sort of cultural aspects you are considering in this plan.
You think about this and say, “There may well be some considerable cultural differences that need addressing. I remember last year when there was a language mix-up with a doll. It was just saying ‘I love you’ in a different language, but it sounded like ‘kill mommy.’ It’s funny now, but imagine being the marketing team in that building!” Both of you laugh as you hang up the phone, but the memory does get you thinking seriously about cultural differences. Complete the following:
- What cultural considerations should you take into account for your strategy?
- Will this negatively impact your current strategy?
- Does this change your approach? Why or why not?
The materials found in the muse may help you with this assignment such as the audio file Quality not Quantity. This file provides real world experience which may help you with this assignment.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Key Assignment Draft
You, Mike, and Tiffany meet in a conference room to begin to assemble your final presentation.
Mike begins, “I think we’ve done some pretty good analysis on our strategy. We just have to put the pieces together before the final presentation.”
“We do have some solid information, but we have to look at all the parts to see if we can remain competitive,”Tiffany adds.
Complete the following:
- What are the considerations that you need to be aware of to remain competitive?
- Based on the research that you have done, can you compete in the market that you have chosen? Why or why not?
- What primary factors led you to this decision?
- What would you say to someone who would dispute your position?
- How do you plan on evaluating the global marketplace in the future?