Pick an interesting brand and write a case study about the brand. The case study must be from the perspective of one of the following branding concepts:
2) Brand revitalization
In your case study, you will have to cover the background information of the brand, what are the strategies the brand has undertaken, what are the marketing implications, is the brand a success or a failure? If there are any other interesting perspective of the brand you would like to present, you can discuss them too. Some good examples can include:
- Identify a fading brand. What suggestions can you offer to revitalize its brand equity? Try to apply the different approaches suggested in the chapter. Which strategies would seem to work best?
- Try to think of additional examples of brands that adopted either a “back to basics” or “reinvention” revitalization strategy. How well did they work?
Your choice of brands is on a first come first served basis. You have to inform your tutor about the brand you are hoping to write a case study about. Big brands such as Apple and Coca-Cola are not recommended unless you have an interesting perspective to discuss. While writing your case study, please take into account the following guidelines:
- Keep your case study interesting.
- Discuss the facts and apply brand management concepts.
- Good understanding and application of Brand Management concepts and theories.Provide strong justification and arguments based on Brand Management concepts and theories.