You are required to prepare a marketing plan for Red Cross to present to senior management. Follow the steps outlined in the subject outline and listed below You are strongly recommended to start work on the plan from Session One and after each Session add relevant information to the plan.
For this assessment, you are required to prepare a marketing plan for a client company and ensure the plan has a significant social media component. Red Cross is a well-established organisation that is seeking to be more innovative and creative in their marketing practices. Red Cross is a not-for- profit organisation.Your marketing plan will be underpinned by sound research and demonstrate thoughtfulness, understanding of marketing issues and have an implementation plan to show how the organisation should proceed. Your report will include the following:
- A description of the organisation, and the product or service;
- A market analysis, including direct and indirect competitors;
- A PESTLE (political, economic, socio-cultural, technological, legal and ecological) analysis;
- A SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis;
- A consumer behaviour analysis, including identification of the type of consumer and target market for the product or service;
- A marketing plan (4P’s and/or 7P’s)
o analysis of the product (or service) and branding;
o pricing strategy;
o distribution (place) options;
o people, process and physical facilities
o an outline of an Integrated Marketing Communications plan (IMC: promotion) which must include a substantial social media component; and,
- Financial and operational plans; and,
- An implementation and control strategy.
Be creative but also realistic in developing your marketing plan. Your budget is $50,000 maximum. Prepare the report as if you were going to be presenting it to the organisation you have chosen. The intention is to create a marketing plan that the organisation could actually implement!