In groups (no more than four) develop a PowerPoint presentation (with commentary) which discusses the issues that there would be for Macpac as they implement a retail brand shop (on the model of Kathmandu shops) in New Zealand and Australia.
Macpac’s New Strategy
Macpac has traditionally been a wholesaler, relying on others to sell its product, but the trio (new owners) have turned it into a retailer and are opening their own brand of stores across New Zealand and Australia. http://www.macpac.co.nz/
Your presentation, made up of 8 to 10 PowerPoint slides should include:
• What is implementation?
• Identify the Strategic direction
• A summary of the key implications of this strategy
• How would you address these implications (this needs to include references to Leadership and Organisational Structure/Design)
• A discussion around ‘Change’
• A commentary of your ideas/discussion
It is important that:
• You use clear visuals/diagrams and information which can be clearly understood
• Every group member needs to actively contribute to the presentation Indicate which group member has done what task
The presentation will be assessed by lecturer. Your commentary must justify your ideas. You will be assessed on:
• Content and analysis – the implications and how you address them. It is important that your presentation includes the application of theoretical concepts.
• Presentation – professional, visual and well organised.
Comprehensive, accurate and persuasive. Shows excellent knowledge and understanding of key issues. Appropriate of application of theoretical concepts. All major points are discussed effectively and clearly
- Generates original ideas through analysis of information and concepts
- Evidence of the ability to synthesise which integrates and interprets information
Presentation is clearly organised with effective introduction (catches the audience’s attention), had effective transitions and has an effective conclusion