1. In what ways are Eliot’s “The Hollow Men” and Hemingway’s”The Snows of Kilimanjaro” Modernist works? What images of alienation, for example, come to mind?
2.In “Barn Burning”, and “A Rose for Emily” there are several major conflicts. Discuss the main conflicts of these stories?
3. Is Hughes’ metaphor – life is a stairs – an effective one to give advice to a child? Why?
4. Lucille Clifton says that she is a Black female poet and sounds like one. Do “homage” and “wishes” reflect her stated identity? If so, how?What did you think of “Storm Warnings?”
5.What is Rich talking about? On what levels (literal and metaphoric) do you see this poem working?
6. Did “I Chop Some Parsley . . . ” give you a new insight into nursery rhymes
7. Global competition on the decisions made by management with regards to change in labor demand, supply, relations, unions, and rules and regulations in your chosen industry….food industry in airport