Major Report 1 Specification
You have been hired as an Information Systems consultant to examine Indian Railways Information Systems – specifically The Reservation System. The Indian Railways come with East, West, North, South and Central Zones and serves over 50 million passengers daily. The reservation services include initial query about seat availability, booking, confirmation, cancellation, and a myriad of associated services.
The Railway Board has undergone some major changes in membership recently, and this has generated new thinking to modernise the Railways. The Board is keen to se efficiency in almost all aspects and as the Reservation System is a major interface between the public and Railways, would like to see higher levels of efficiency in this domain.
Your task is to develop a Business Systems Plan (with full justification as to how these are applicable to the organisation) so as to accommodate comprehensive mobile access to various reservation services provided by the Railways. Your task is to develop a planning document that details how a mobile access system can be comprehensively implemented. You can use your imagination but MUST address the following:
1. Any potential customer of the Railways must be able to securely access all information aspects pertaining to services offered using a variety of mobile devices.
2. The planning should involve provision for security, privacy and other user and organizational concerns.
3. Your planning should identity the various security configuration options available on the market.
4. The planning should include consideration of various operating systems needed for this implementation, and these should be properly segmented and structured.
5. The planning should also indicate a provisional list of expense items. You don’t have to provide a costing now, as this will be done in the second assignment.
You will prepare a planning document, in the form of a report, considering the Railways Reservation System, on how the above aspects can be accommodated. The planning document is a report covering all aspects stated above in a succinct manner. You have been given a word limit of 1500 words (excluding references). You must state your assumptions clearly and validate the stated assumptions through proper literature search. You may use any format for the report. The Internet provides many examples of Executive Type reports, and you are encouraged to search for samples that suit your needs.
- Development of a Business Systems Plan (with full justification as to how these are applicable for the organisation) in order to accommodate comprehensive mobile access to various reservation services provided by the Indian Railways organisation.
- Security concerns identified and justified with potential solutions
- Identification of appropriate resources with justifications
- Identification of appropriate implementation strategies with justifications
Major Report 2 Specification
This is a follow up from Major Report 1. Railways is comfortable with your planning and they have asked you to implement your suggest plan. As part of the implementation, you will develop the following:
1. ICT infrastructure required to implement your plan
2. A comprehensive costing schedule along with appropriate justification.
Your documentation will highlight how you plan to assure security aspects as customer details need to be secured. Otherwise, the Railways will be subjected to legal prosecution. Therefore, you need to verify your design concept carefully, accommodate appropriate testing protocols, and a comprehensive schedule for quality assurance.
Railways at this stage is not interested in actual development. They want only an implementation strategy and how this implementation can be accomplished successfully.
- Development of ICT systems required to implement your plan (with full justification as to how these are applicable for the organisation) so as to able implement mobile access to various reservation services provided by the Indian Railways organisation.
- A comprehensive analysis of costing schedule along with appropriate justification.
- Critical analysis of how you plan to assure security aspects as customer details need to be secured (including verification of design concept, testing protocols, quality assurance)
- Depth and quality of implementation stages and schedules associated with various stages of your implementation