- Can the world provide an adequate standard of living for a projected 2.6 billion more people by the year 2050 without causing widespread environmental damage? Explain.
- What is Wilderness? Why is it so important and what can be done to protect it? Is there any controversy in the United States about this? What is your opinion? What is the nearest wild place near where you live? Describe it.
- What would happen to the economy and our buying habits if the hidden mineral extraction costs associated with environmental damage due to mining, processing, use, and disposal were included in the market prices paid by consumers for products containing those minerals?
- How would it change the way mining companies and manufacturers did business?
- Could that help to create a more sustainable society? Explain.