FMCD 2213 Assignment: Match the Theories
Explain your answer on each.
Sigmund Freud Information Processing Theory Social Learning Theory Behaviorist Theory Jean Piaget Erik Erikson
1. In everyday life, unconscious ideas are struggling for expression, what might seem as slips of tongue are actually expressions of real, though unacknowledged, motivations.
2. Humans are limited in how much information they can process at any given time.
3. Cognitive thought develop in four qualitatively different stages, ranging from exploring with the senses and motor abilities to abstract, logical thinking.
4. Psychology is the science of behavior and as such deals only with observable acts that can be objectively described in terms such as stimulus and response.
5. People learn from observing other people.
6. Development is lifelong and involves a number of psychosocial tasks.