Choose any One of the topics from the following list:
- Micro economics – study of individual behaviour – individual industry like education, meat industry, tourism and agriculture. Choose any ONE industry in Australia from this list and discuss the reforms been done in that industry.
- Cost of production- in any industry in Australia where costs of production are an important issue and analyse what is being done in the industry. May be the industry is switching to technology or/and some substitutes have been used to overcome this problem !
- Demand and supply of certain resources in Australia and factors other than price which affect demand and supply
- Market structures like Monopoly, Duopoly, Oligopoly and Monopolistic competition in any industry in Australia.
Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include:
- The essence of the story : Introduce the issue, who is interested in it and why.
- The economic analysis: Explain how you can present the issue in terms of economic concepts and theories you have learnt in class.
- Explain your view : Explain what actions you would recommend to the key players and/or policy holders.
- Explain how the above analysis supports your conclusion
You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.