Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the behaviour of individuals and groups in organisations in terms of the key factors that influence organisational behaviour.
2. Critically evaluate the potential effects on organisational behaviour of organisational‐level factors such as structure, culture and change.
3. Demonstrate the ability to analyse management issues in the context of management theories, models and concepts.
4. Critically evaluate the effects of important developments in the organisational environment on managing organisations.
5. Demonstrate the ability to apply their learning of management and organisational behaviour to their own area of practice. Each learning outcome should be noticed in the case study
Section A: [Section A assesses learning outcomes 1, 2, 3 & 4] Case Study: Leading Organisational Change; Improving Hospital Performance With particular reference to the French & Ravens model of power, critically analyse the sources of power and the power tactics employed by any two protaganists in the case study. How does organizational politics impact upon the implementation of the nurse led discharge?
Section B: [Section B assesses learning outcomes 2 & 5] Evaluate the culture of the department/service area in which you work using the Goffee & Jones Framework or the Competing Values Framework. Reflecting on your learning based on this culture analysis and considering your own sources of power critically discuss on how you could influence an exampled cultural change. This is an INDIVIDUAL assignment.