1. What does a filter do and why is one needed in a radio system?
2. What is the purpose of a mixer? Include a discussion of sidebands in your answer.
3. Compare and contrast the multiplexing techniques TDMA and FDMA in the area of wireless networking?
4. A local engineering group ask you to present the merits of different antenna, such as dish, yagi, and horn antennas. Research these technologies in details and pay specific attention to how they are used as well their strengths and weakness. Provide an opinion regarding which antenna types will become the dominant players in the future of medium- and long-distance wireless links. Please submit power point slides in your answer.
The assignment questions are designed to assess students & ability to
- analyse wireless networking concepts and their applications in real life situations;
- analyse and describe wireless signalling techniques and radio frequency communications;
- investigate and evaluate various wireless networking protocols and standards;
- compare and contrast different wireless networks technologies;
- investigate and evaluate emerging wireless networking technologies;
- investigate theoretical and practical issues relating to wireless technology.