What is the positioning of the products shown in the advertisement? Are the product positioning for products shown in the two advertisements similar or different? Why do you think marketers have made them similar or different? You will need to discuss by applying the relevant positioning bases.
Define and explain positioning (PRODUCT POSITIONING IS NOT WHERE THE PRODUCT IS BEING POSITIONED ON THE ADS)
Explain the product positioning by applying the relevant positioning bases.
- Price and Quality
- Use of application
- Product user
- Product class
The similarities and difference of the positioning of both ads
Evaluation an IMC campaign for an Australian organization you either work for or one for which you would like to work.
The report should be a critique and application of the communication model
Based on what you have learned and observed in this subject to date and additional scholarly research ensure you include the following:
- Briefly provide a context for your discussion regarding the importance of understanding communication in IMC and identify the organization you have chosen.
- Illustrate and discuss the theoretical communication model outlined by Belch et al,(2014)
- Using the communication model, critically evaluate your chosen organization’s approach to IMC. As stated earlier, you can choose your organization, but it must be well known.
- Applying what you have learned regarding IMC and the communication model, provide your recommendations for an appropriate communication strategy for the organization including recommendations for suitable communication mix. Make sure your recommendations cater to the contemporary needs of customers/consumers.
1. Select an organisation and a current IMC campaign and briefly outline the use of IMC approaches eg- define the ad campaign and how it is using various touch points. Define how this campaign is IMS related
2. Consider the importance of communication in terms of IMC. You should discuss how communication within an IMC framework ‘talks’ to all key stakeholders, from customers through to suppliers, staff, shareholder, target public etc. And why your organization needs to use IMC communication strategies. Eg to build relationships, engagement etc. What you are really validating here is the function of IMC as a strategic marketing strategy. IMC is about building strategic long-term relationships with key stakeholders. And they are ‘everyone’ who matters to the business. Talk about IMC being strategic and why?
3. Consider the two communication models: Basic Model of communication model Belch et al, pg 115 or use Duncan’s model which is the customer orientated marketing communication model (essentially this is reverse of the basic communication model) on page 122 – or use both models and evaluate how they are used by your organisation as part of the IMC approach.
4. The consider how this campaign moves the target market to a specific response using the theory of traditional learning response hierarchy models. Consider one or two of these models: AIDA, Hierarchy of effects model, Innovation adoption model or information processing model. Keeping in mind that there are customers within your market who may only be aware of your product/ service and not yet convinced and other customers who are very brand loyal and avid users so they will all across these response models in different stages.
5. Recommendations: Given the current communications approach by your organization in its IMC campaign how would you improve its IMC approaches and its communication mix. Reflect on the communications models and the function of IMC.