Essays are supposed to be the reflection of the real world, the thoughts, aspirations and ideas of the author writing them. They depict the reality, the happenings around as well as bring to the forefront the imaginative capability of the author. Amongst the various types of essays, the one which lets you explore your creative ability to the fullest is the reflective essay. “What is a reflective essay?” is naturally the question which follows suit. Well, let’s have a look then.Though you can get well-written reflective essay from assignments4u, just like ideal online assignment, still take a look at the basic concepts of reflective essay writing.
WHAT IS A REFLECTIVE ESSAY?
A reflective essay focuses on the author’s life, personality and experiences. Reflective essays are much less academic than analytical, persuasive or argumentative essays. The structure of reflective essays may also vary.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHILE CHOOSING A TOPIC FOR REFLECTIVE ESSAY?
Choosing a reflective essay topic can be a challenge, but a few tips may help you in the process. Scroll down to find out:
- Pick a topic on a subject that you have some idea about- Reflective essays focus on some aspects of your life. Hence writing an essay on a topic in which you have some experience will be a lot easier to deal with. For example, if you have never owned a pet then do not write an essay on your favourite childhood pet.
- Pick a reflective essay topic that interests you- If you have some or a lot of information about a topic from studying about it or from personal experiences you could use that in constructing a reflective essay. Choose a topic that can get you excited or something that you are emotionally attached to.
- Choose a topic that you can approach from a unique angle- This tip is essential during college admissions examination. The instructor would be bored of reading the similar types of essays again and again. Hence choosing a topic that may help you show off a unique trait can help you showcase your personality as well as earn you brownie points.
Stuck on Assignments?
click here for your solution
WHY ARE REFLECTIVE ESSAYS IMPORTANT?
- Mastering the art of writing reflective essays can help you not only to achieve good grades but also can be substantial in other spheres like:
- Most college admission essays are reflective. They want to know about you as a person and not just a transcript.
- Reflective essay topics are somewhat similar to some of the questions that you may be asked in an interview. Topics about you especially need to be focused upon and practised so that when the time comes, you are confident enough then.
- Reflective essays give you a scope to learn about yourself. It is a type of self-discovery and helps you to know and understand you better.
Go through the topics and instruct the online essay writing experts of assignments4u which topic they should work on for you.
28 REFLECTIVE ESSAY TOPIC IDEAS TO INSPIRE YOU
Here are few essential reflective essay topic ideas for your essay. These will give you ideas about your assignments. The topics are subdivided into different groups.
Reflective essay topics about yourself
- How did you overcome adversity?
- What are your greatest accomplishments till date?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your biggest weakness according to you?
- What are the qualities which you like the most in yourself?
- How have your past experiences shaped up your personality?
- In what way is an incident a turning point in your life?
- In what way was I challenged to think differently from the rest and how has that affected me?
Reflective essay topics about important events
- An essay about your most exciting vacation.
- An incident when you got lost.
- What was the first job experience like?
- The experience of remodelling your house or apartment.
- The experience of moving to a new city and getting settled.
- A memorable dream or an essay on a nightmare you had.
- A time when you were victimised.
Reflective essay topics about relationships
- Every relation that taught you something by either giving something or taking something away from you.
- Watching an elderly loved one lose memory through dementia.
- A confrontation when you believed that you were right.
- When you were scared or afraid of someone.
- The joy you witnessed when you played with your friends as a child v/s the joy you feel when you hang out with your friends now.
- The relationship you share with someone with whom you share all your secrets and vice versa.
Reflective essay topics about nature and outdoors
- The exotic feeling when you are in the lap of nature.
- An incident which made you feel peaceful to be one with nature like watching a sunset or sitting on top of a hill looking down on the valley.
- An incident of hiking which you will remember forever.
- Backpacking in the mountains.
- Experiencing an earthquake or a natural disaster.
- Walking through a historic battlefield.
- The experience of skiing for the first time.